« Home | Bring it on Patty... » 

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 

Practise makes perfect

In classic authors we are often warned, there’s naught so savage as a 'woman scorned'. Well, try a man who has been told that his bedside antics are as exicting as a wet nappy and you have yourself a "nuclear situation". A mate of mine was told by his now ex girlfriend that he does get any stars in her "little black book of sexual experiences" and that he’d be better of playing by himself than with someone else. Ouch!! Ooch!! Ouch!! I admit that there is deliberate intent behind her comment as the break up was particularly ugly, but can there be any bigger a blow to a man’s self-esteem than being told by a woman that he is a zero in the sack? Perhaps there is ... but I cannot think of any right now. Now any lesser man would cower in a dark mouldy corner and lick his wounds… but not this guy... no sir. He is hell-bent on revenge and on getting his own back. I personally would bang the next woman I meet... in order to get a second and perhaps even a third opinion.. but then again I've always believed that the odds get better (and more favourable) the more people you consult. I believe the words... "drawn and quartered" were used along with such phrases as "regret the day she was born" and "the only action she'll ever get". I can only imagine that life in my little circle of friends is going to become a lot more interesting in the next few weeks. Nothing like a good fight of trailer park proportions to spice up my dreary existence. I suppose I could tell him to give it a rest… move on and get back in the sack as soon as possible, but who am I to spoil the fun. Moving to the entertainment scene, I see the official trailer of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy has been released. The magnificent tale of the hapless hero, Arthur Dent, as he travels the galaxy with his intrepid pal Ford Prefect, getting into horrible messes and generally wreaking hilarious havoc is due for release on 29 April 2005. Being an avid DA fan and having read all of his books, I am cautiously optimistic. As a rule film adaptations of epic novels never seem to live up to expectations, although Peter Jackson's done well in bringing The Lord of The Rings to the big screen. Perhaps this will be another success story. The trailer seems suitably weird and wacky and the special effects do justice to what I dreamed up in my colourful imagination. Perhaps it will be ninth time lucky for the hardened DA fans…

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page