« Home | And the show must go on » | Souped up alphabet... » | Youth Day and the Comrades Marathon » | Speaking into the abyss » | MJ not guilty on all 10 counts » | Melancholy » | Can you say it in a language I can understand? » | I am a dinosaur » | And in the news... » | Come on, be a sport... take one for the team! » 

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 

... with extra cheese

I hung out with the gf and two of the mates last night. It was a cold night out in Jozie, so we decided to stay in and watch old action movies. Well… actually no one was prepared to take on the responsibility of going down to the video/dvd store. So we had to make do with what I had in my collection… and we ate grilled cheese sandwiches, much to the chagrin of my visitors. Strange thing about grilled cheese sandwiches … after an hour or so they taste really bland … especially when you re-heat them. It quickly became an impromptu noise and nostalgia fest of favourite movie scenes and dialogues. Good advice kids… Never pass up an opportunity to hang out and have fun… even on a Monday night. Anyway here is an excerpt from The Terminator, which happens to be one of my favourites. Cheesy dialogue (to go with the nasty sandwiches?), I know, but I still laugh at it every time! Yeah… it really does not take much to amuse me, does it?

John Connor: No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "affirmative," or some shit like that. You say "no problemo." And if someone comes on to you with an attitude you say "eat me." And if you want to shine them on it's "hasta la vista, baby." The Terminator: Hasta la vista, baby. John Connor: Yeah! Or "later dickwad." And if someone gets upset you say, "chill out"! Or you can do combinations. The Terminator: Chill out, dickwad. John Connor: Great! See, you're getting it! The Terminator: No problemo.

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page