« Home | Here we go 'round the mulberry bush » | Let’s extend a warm welcome to the Nazi twins » | He's on a roll! » | Burning bridges on a Tuesday » | I am weasel » | It is Friday afternoon and you may laugh... so go on! » | Chitty takes the witness stand » | Chitty! Chitty! He's our man! If he can't... (slap!) » | Triple vignette (not quite) » | Cheap Whiskey » 

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

The small things that could drive you loco

Don’t you hate it when someone accuses you of something and then refuses to listen to your side of the story? It happened to me this morning. It was a minor incident and something I would not have paid much attention to, had it not been for the fact that I felt the matter had been discussed at length in my absence and that it had already been decided that I was somehow responsible. It is not as if you are looking for the others person’s approval or that his opinion even matters at this stage. All you really want is an equal opportunity to state your case and that’s it. Peace of mind… that is what I'm aiming for. “Could you give me a minute to state my side of the story?” I asked “I have said what I wanted to say and I am not interested in debating the matter with you” he said as he walked away from me. (Am I missing something here? How does stating my case constitute a debate?) “Why, are you tired of being bombarded with your own pompous arguments too?” I called after him. I know that last bit go to him because the toe of his left shoe got caught on the carpet and he momentarily missed his step. And with that, I could feel the waves of tranquility washing over me. [sigh]

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page