« Home | A beautiful day » | Should have taken the high ground » | Now this sounds like fun » | When the media gets it wrong » | Whopper of a day » | "Ponderling" » | Childhood memory » | Coffee break » | Play or fold » | Tumour in my humour » 

Friday, May 20, 2005 

Going to have my Sith and eat it

Well it is Friday and guess where I will be tonight? Yep, the gf and I bought tickets and are going to watch Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith. Why do you ask? Well, if truth be told, I am somewhat of a Sci-Fi geek and I enjoy movies in this genre. Besides, I know my shit when it comes to Star Wars. I know the plot, the characters … the Sith, the Jedi, Anakin, Padmé, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Trade Federation and Separatists, C-3P0, R2-D2, the wookiees, etc… yeah, I know the lingo, the who’s who and the what’s what in this cult epic. We all know how Star Wars end, seeing as George saw fit to go about this in an arse about face fashion. The sequels were made way back in the days and everything that follows after Episode III is old news. But there are many burning questions regarding the characters and the plot that need answering and goddammit I want to know what the answers are!! I have long ago learnt not to over-analyze.... it is a killjoy. What’s the deal with going to the movies when you analyze every single nuance/facet and forget to enjoy the flick for what it is? However, I have read that the critics are united on this one. Episode III is in fact better than the other two prequels – yep, that is the beat on the street. I am of the opinion that they, the critics, are just glad that whole Star Wars saga has finally come to an end and decided to be more forthcoming in their reviews. 'Cause if they aren’t George Lucas may just come back with a fourth episode… hehehe. Whatever the reason, I am going to see it and to those wet blankets who jumped on the "let us dis Star Wars" bandwagon… chill out bro, who fuckin’ cares!

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page