« Home | "Ponderling" » | Childhood memory » | Coffee break » | Play or fold » | Tumour in my humour » | Pimp my shuffle » | Pants on fire! » | The downward spiral » | The good son » | Cradle me to thy bosom and lullaby me to sleep » 

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 

Whopper of a day

Fantasy and reality should never be allowed to meet! And if by some unavoidable happenstance they do happen to meet... fantasy should always prevail over reality. Trust me on this one – I am going to be in therapy for at least the next ten years. Either that or I will use what has happened to get a million laughs out people for generations to come. (think filthy stinking rich!) I don’t know how this happened to go "wrong" for me, but it just did. Ha.. even I can see somewhat of a pattern starting to develop here. Not that I suffer from delusions of grandeur or lose touch with reality on a regular basis... hehe... its just one of those things I always wanted to do and things did not quite work out as I hads planned. It is actually incredibly funny (at least a 10/10) and had I not been on the receiving end of this particular incident... I could see myself doubling over with laughter for a least the next few days, perhaps even longer. What sucks is that in my fantasy I always come out on top and feel like a million dollars. But that is the thing with fantasies, innit... you control the outcome and steer your thoughts in the direction you want them to go. The reality is a far cry from that and just about the only thing I can hope for it is that I can erase the memory from my subconscious... forever… scrape it out with a spatula and dispose of it in a hot metal furnace. Oi, I am the friggin poster boy for adventure and rude awakenings! Tomorrow I will have one of those ordinary days.... and if I don't.... well I'll just have to hold on and enjoy the ride. I tell myself it is all about perspective. Never a dull moment, I tell 'ya.

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page