« Home | The downward spiral » | The good son » | Cradle me to thy bosom and lullaby me to sleep » | The F-u-n-n-i-e-s-t Joke » | Bush's Identity Stolen » | Welcome to the cutthroat world of wine-growing. » | The irony of it all! » | Buy me! » | The "other" side of Africa » | News from the far side... » 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 

Pants on fire!

I lied to my boss today in what can only be described as one of my finer moments. It is not that I wanted to lie, but circumstances called for some quick thinking and lying was the only way I knew how. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction and there are the odd occasions when lying through your fucking teeth is most definitely the better choice. He would have roasted my ass had I told him what had really happened. It was an extremely awkward, yet exhilarating moment for me and one I would hope not to relive... soon. I felt as transparent as a pane of glass and it seemed as if the boss and everyone else in the room could see right through me. And although I hardly ever blush, for a moment there it felt like my face was on fire. It must have been my imagination, because blushing would have been a dead give-way and judging from the reactions, everyone seemed to believe me. Phew... However… sigh… lying, as does all the other good stuff, always comes at a price and I now have some work to do in order to cover up my dastardly deed. So I guess I will have to spend an extra few hours at the office tonight. Oh, the lenghts I would go to to cover up my deceit ... hahaha. But, it is well worth it in this case. The truth would not have been understood and I was not definitely NOT ready to go down in a blaze of fire. Not today… Lying may rarely be justifiable, which of course is matter of opinion, but saving your bacon and sparing others the embarrassment of having to deal with your mistakes… may just make it worthwhile. I am such a trooper... GW and Blair could not have done a better job!

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page