« Home | Pimp my shuffle » | Pants on fire! » | The downward spiral » | The good son » | Cradle me to thy bosom and lullaby me to sleep » | The F-u-n-n-i-e-s-t Joke » | Bush's Identity Stolen » | Welcome to the cutthroat world of wine-growing. » | The irony of it all! » | Buy me! » 

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 

Tumour in my humour

If anyone… and I honestly do mean a-n-y-o-n-e uses the phrase just not that into you in my presence ever again… I am going puke my guts out and then step in front of a speeding truck or anything that will cause my body to shatter into a gazillion pieces. Now I do get the big hoo-farkin-haa that is this “new” relationship-defining phenomenon... I do. What I do not need, is to be reminded of it every single day, do I?. And yes, I have seen Sex and the City and seen the book in my local bookstore and I have seen it discussed on Oprah... and yes… from the little I have seen it sounds quite sensible and I am so bloody happy that women finally understand that all men are simpletons(?) and that they now have something new to gossip about to and fill those meaningless moments around the water cooler at the office. But, does this catch phrase have to be used by people, and I by this I mean mainly women, to define every single facet of every single relationship? Are things really that simple as “he is just not that into you”? A few years back it was “Men are from Mars and women are from Venus”. Morons used that phrase at every covenient opportunity… regardlessless of the circumstances... even by those who have not read the book and prolly had no idea what it was all about. But it was the cool phrase to use and who cares whether you know or don't know… it is so obvious… the phrase said it all! I bloody don’t know whether life and relationships are that easily bottled, and right now, I don’t care either… tomorrow there’ll be something new and it will be the new "eureka” in the eternal battle of the sexes. I also do not know what happened to all the other things we knew about relationships before the advent of this book. It seems the entire world completely forgot the dynamics of relationships or perhaps all that knowledge is captured in these 5 words. What I do know is that a few select people are making a shitload of money from this. So, will someone please put an end to the irresponsible throwing around of these 5 relationship blanketing words that is sweeping the globe. I know I overreact and I sound like a raving lunatic in writing this… but life at the office is an absolute hell… every body suddenly became an expert. Peeve: Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo Peeve: Oprah Peeve: That episode of Sex and the City Peeve: Fad following drones

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page