« Home | The not-so-blue Monday morning » | Going to have my Sith and eat it » | A beautiful day » | Should have taken the high ground » | Now this sounds like fun » | When the media gets it wrong » | Whopper of a day » | "Ponderling" » | Childhood memory » | Coffee break » 

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 

Troublesome Tuesday

It is 12 PM and I am outta here. Fuggit... I have an appointment at the Department of Home Affairs, a place I like to refer to as the The Great Equaliser. No matter who you are… rich, poor, big, small, man woman, chlid… you become but a mere set of numbers when you walk into a Home Affairs office. My appointment, and I use the term lightly, can take anything from 1 to 5 hours depending on how many asses I am willing to kiss and how desperate I am to get what I want. Hell, I could be there until my next birthday.

In the meantime, here's some useless information to occupy the busy mind:
  • Can't find the right word? You might want to start moving your hands. New research at the University of Alberta suggests that gesturing while you talk may improve your access to language.

Ha... I am not totally convinced. People always claim that they do not understand me, and I look like a traffic officer at a busy intersection when I speak. Yet, having said that…some hand gestures speak volumes… no words needed. I like those.

More: Hand Gestures Linked To Better Speaking

  • Next time they call it a box office hit… consider this: ...nowadays, as dazzling as the "boffo," "socko," and "near-record" figures may seem to the media and other number fetishists, they have little real significance other than to measure the effectiveness of the studios' massive expenditures on ads.

    More: Forget about the box office.

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page