« Home | Friday 3'some » | Oh yeah.... spank me baby!!! » | Me against the world? » | Pet hate #37 » | Time to get off this crazy ride » | We do not remember days, we remember moments » | Stupidity is a terminal disease » | Taking tennis to new heights » | Practise makes perfect » | Bring it on Patty... » 

Monday, March 07, 2005 

Can we have a timeline?

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: "for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful."' I have always believed in karma… or at least in the Western interpretation of what karma means. I believe in “what goes around come around” and that there has to be balance in the universe. I believe that people will get their just rewards and that karma will even the scorecard. I believe in karma... NOT because I want to, but because I need to believe in something that will allow me to make sense of all the crap I have to deal with every day. Karma, for me least, is the great equalizer and I take comfort that those who do unto others will get what’s coming to them. The thing that pisses me off about karma, is how long it takes for to come around and how many “bad” people are walking around on earth relatively un-freakin-scathed, going about their business as if they are untouchable while the rest of us suffer at their hands. Are they punished for what they do? Well seemingly not… in fact they seem to prosper and live seemingly happy lives, completely oblivious of the hurt and pain they inflict on others. Unbelievable!! My boss being a perfect case in point. If anything, karma should let his dick shrivel up to the size of a raisin. Let’s see him fuck his secretary with that…. yeahhh… If I had my way karma would come into effect rather swiftly, perhaps not instantly … but at least while you are alive and able to bear witness that no bad deed goes unpunished and vice versa when it comes to doing good. And way not, I ask you? I know karma works on a grand cosmic scale, but can we speed things up a little... lets say, by a few hundred years! Can you imagine what the world would be like if this was the case? I bet G’Dubya would have thought twice about invading Iraq if he knew karma was there to even the score. But in stead… what happens… he gets re-elected and now has 4 more years to inflict even more pain on the innocent and defenseless. Wherein lies the justice in that?! It is a beautiful thing… karma… I for one can see the merit of it… but then I want to work my way. Swiftly and justly… that is my motto.

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page