« Home | News Snippet » | Celebrity is as celebrity does » | Wine me, dine me... » | K'ching!!! » | The truth may be out there... but you won't find i... » | Change... » | Can we have a timeline? » | Friday 3'some » | Oh yeah.... spank me baby!!! » | Me against the world? » 

Friday, March 11, 2005 

Ignorantly yours?

How much bliss is there really in ignorance? I wish I had the answer to this question. For then I would be able to shut up all those people who use this phrase in defense of their own lack of knowledge and involvement. What I do l know is that I will never be able to plod along in a pink cloud of blissful ignorance or even vaguely pretend that I do not care about what goes on around me. Not knowing the answers, not being involved, not having an opinion, silence in the face of adversity… not a part of who I am. I constantly yearn to know more and to explore new ideas and theories, outside my current reality. I take pride in knowing what goes on around me so that I can become involved in the plight of my fellow man. The more I learn, the more I am convinced that there is still more for me to learn... to discover and explore. Sometimes the knowledge I so zealously acquire overwhelms me and some days it scares the shit out of me when I realise just how little I really know. It almost seems as if my search for knowledge and the yearning to be “involved” only serves to make me unsure of who I am and what I have already acquired. Am I suffering from information overload? I there any point to my hunger for knowledge other than it being hopeless quest? Perhaps I should I learn to relax and adopt a less driven attitude. Chill more. We can never know all there is to know and perhaps it is better to be content with what I already know. I have it on good authority, from those in the know, that ignorance is quite easily achieved if you only put your mind to it. As easy as flicking a switch, perhaps? People who live their lives in ignorance may on some level be happier than those who constantly feel the need to do and know more. Is this the bliss they talk about? Is the quest for happiness and contentment more important than the acquisition of knowledge? I guess these questions must have crossed the minds of most of us at one point or another. I am not very sure what exactly is meant by "the search for knowledge” and what the true purpose of such a search would be. I only know that I am one of those people who constantly thirst for more… who needs to be “involved” with the world.

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page