« Home | Stupid came to visit » | May the force be "in" you? » | Of words and associated memories » | The 'Free Eye Test' conspiracy » | Let's play "Tekken" tag! » | There is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow » | Slowly using up my quota of good karma » | ... with extra cheese » | And the show must go on » | Souped up alphabet... » 

Monday, July 04, 2005 

Highway... what highway? This is a race track!

If you can’t beat them, join them… that’s the law of the jungle… or nature or evolution or something along those lines. Mondays bring out the worst in people. Driving to work on the N3 this morning, I actually thought I had taken a wrong turn somewhere and had ended up in the middle of a bloody race track. Or perhaps the world had gone crazy and we are living inside a PS2 game console. Suddenly there were all these cars trying to overtake me, tailgating me, blowing their hooters, angrily gesturing for me to get out of the way. Like I could go anywhere, I need the N3 to get to work, dammit. One guy actually gave me the finger; so I gave him the same. I guess he didn’t like it because he raised his fist. At which point I blew him a kiss and mouthed the words… F-U-C-K Y-O-U… with my best smile. So from now on I will exceed the speed limit on the highway whenever I can, not because I am in a hurry or enjoy the rush of speeding, but because I think the highway is a big game (Grand Turismo 4 or Grand Theft Auto), and when you are pass people at high speed, you're winning! Wanna play?

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page