« Home | Claws are out » | Say it with a card » | Liberty, Equality, Fraternity » | Ask a stupid question… » | I'm not scared. I'm merely expressing myself. » | There's a good guy in here, somewhere » | Where's me tinfoil hat? » | Highway... what highway? This is a race track! » | Stupid came to visit » | May the force be "in" you? » 

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 

It takes all sorts...

In my job I get to meet all sorts of people, but none are stranger than some of the people I work with on a daily basis. I would never hang out with the majority of them outside of work, but at the office you have no choice but to speak to them… occasionally. Here’s a conversation I had with one of the girls in the tea room this morning. I dunno where she was heading with this, but I wasn’t going to hang around long enough to find out. SHE: At what point does pursuing a guy you adore turn into stalking? ME (laughing): Uh… when you are caught. SHE: Does that mean...? ME: Hey… Tracy (not real name)… I'm pulling your leg. I don't really want to know what you are up to. Here’s a hint though - A restraining order can really ruin the chances of a relationship. When that happens, you pretty much know he is not interested and prolly never will be. Well, that and if he runs away yelling, "Stalker!" at the top of his lungs every time he sees you. SHE (laughing): Surely you don't think that I’m... uh... ME: You? Of course not! I don’t know what to think… I’ve heard thinking is highly overrated. Yep, not the smoothest of exits on my part. (And suddenly, The Office Bimbo seems relatively tame in comparison.)

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page