« Home | This ought to kick-start the weekend.. well, perha... » | A 21-gun salute from the Dept of Special Projects » | Freedom isn't free » | Into the lion's den » | The joys of parenthood » | It takes all sorts... » | Claws are out » | Say it with a card » | Liberty, Equality, Fraternity » | Ask a stupid question… » 

Friday, August 05, 2005 

Back home...

Baby, it’s good to be back… it’s so good to be back! I have just spent a week visiting my sister and her family in the Western Cape. I figured that since the single biggest event in my life is working on hitherto non-existent special projects (I promise this the last time I mention it), I may as well take the time off and devote it to myself. So come last week Friday, I jetted off to the Cape and spent time with my sister and her husband in Paarl, that quaint little Boland town in the heart of the Cape winelands. I am still undecided whether visiting the Cape in winter was such a good idea. The winters in the Cape are something else and even though I grew up there, the damp and the cold get to me. Having said that, I was not going to allow a bit of cold and wet weather get the better of me or spoil my fun. A helluva lot of my time was spent relaxing indoors… hanging out with family… reviving old friendships, and even making a few new one’s. There were many many late nights, eating out, drinking wine, reflecting on my current situation and generally just making a nuisance of myself and getting myself into compromising situations that are better left unsaid. All in all though, I had a great time. My body and soul has been re-energized and I am ready to move on to the next phase. It is amazing how much solace and peace one can find in the things that are familiar to you. It puts everything back into perspective and reminds you how much you really have going for you and how much there is out there for you still too experience. I have also realised that in order for me to be happy, I need to be doing things, be creative... keep busy. So... screw the idea of waiting until the end of the year before I move on to my next job… time waits for no-one, not even for me. The chitty is back and God help us all (well, perhaps only those who know me)… hehehe.

|

Next
Random
List
Join
Blog Directory & Search engine
Locations of visitors to this page